What I ate Wednesday (Did I make a thing? Let’s make this a thing):
Breakfast: on Sunday I whipped up a batch of breakfast burritos inspired by Melissa's chorizo and egg burritos on her food blog. Mine have hot sausage, black beans, eggs, and salsa. So darn good! I also had a LARGE glass of milk, because milk is necessary at breakfast for this girl.
Lunch: Chicken and Rice soup, recipe from Melissa’s food blog here (are you sensing a theme here? Don’t worry, it goes on). I left out the mushrooms and celery because Scott and I don’t like them, used brown rice instead of wild rice because that’s what I had on hand, and added a little extra half and half because I had a little bit left in the carton that was about to expire. Other than that, I stuck to her recipe. OH MAN, guys. This stuff is good. The curry powder and mustard powder really give it such an interesting flavor. Scott and I enjoyed two bowls each for dinner the night I made it and both had a bowl for lunch today.
Snackin’: One banana. And then my tummy grumbled some more so I had a little honeycrisp apple. Only 99c a pound at Aldi, guys!!
Dinner: Melissa’s chili cornbread skillet recipe here. OH. MY. GOODNESS. This was totally delicious!! The only thing I did differently was use tomato paste instead of ketchup, because neither Scott or I really like ketchup on anything so I don’t tend to keep it on hand. I think that made my chili a little too dry, so I need to remember to add a little extra moisture next time. That didn’t stop it from being fantastic though— Scott and I devoured almost the entire thing, leaving only one serving for us to fight over for lunch tomorrow ;) Scott ate his with hot sauce poured over the top, and I added a small bit of sour cream to mine. The combination of the savory chili and the sweet cornbread was out of this world. MAKE THIS!
My food was awesome today, so I wanted to post about it. This can also be taken partially as a Melissa appreciation post, because as you guys can see, I take a great deal of kitchen inspiration from her. I’m full and my belly is happy. Night, y’all :)
- sazsimpson likes this
- fromlazytolively said: Looks so delicious!!! And you are the cutest!
- fromlazytolively likes this
- thehomecookrunner said: Look at all that awesomeness. I need to make some breakfast burritos again soon because that looks awesome.
- thehomecookrunner likes this
- whitneyrunson likes this
- angeldrinkstea said: HAHA!! This is awesome. Wasn’t sure if I was reading Melissa’s blog or yours.. ;)
- angeldrinkstea likes this
- espressoandendorphins likes this
- fittingskin likes this
- runwrite likes this
- fitnerd said: Ok, that’s it, I have to try this cornbread skillet!
- fitnerd likes this
- sunkart likes this
- metromorpher likes this
- happyhealthycook said: Oh Chelsea. I. Am. Stoked. I read this entire post out loud to Steve. I’m thrilled. :D :D :D
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- lizzielulu114 likes this
- strivingtothrive likes this
- nikkidoesthings likes this
- 3quartersalice likes this
- choose-the-path said: Your counter tops even look like Melissa’s lol ;)
- choose-the-path likes this
- nourish-mint said: omg I soooo want to make the chili/corn bread receipe!!! It looks amazing.
- reginatarae likes this
- runeatsleepstudydream likes this
- littlebeastling likes this
- alliegets said: Yay! I’m making the soup this week.
- alliegets likes this
- runningwithcrohns likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- crowflycrow likes this
- flourishing-soul likes this
- running-nyc likes this
- chelsearuns posted this