Last night I attended the kick off meeting for my local Fleet Feet’s marathon training program. Our official training starts on the 10th of August; going to the meeting, hearing what our training will include, and meeting our coaches made me all the more excited.
Anyone who has been following my blog for a while probably knows that I am absolutely a product of Fleet Feet training programs. When I first began running, it was through a couch to 5k program called No Boundaries. After that, I joined the 10k training program— Next Steps. And then with my first 10k under my belt, I joined the half marathon training program. I have even gone back and participated in the No Boundaries group as a coach twice, so I know what it’s like from both ends of the spectrum.
Every new distance I’ve trained for and covered has been with one of these groups. I know there are many runners who prefer to take up their training as a lone wolf, using their time out on the road as their “me time,” but something about the group training atmosphere really helps me to thrive. I have loved every second of each group I have been a part of so far, and it almost makes it even more sweet to cross the finish line knowing you’ve got lots of training partners and coaches/mentors that are proud of you. I’ve made some really great friends through these groups, and I will probably continue participating in them even when I’ve got many marathons under my belt.
26.2, I’m still a little terrified— but I’m coming for you.
- findingsharon likes this
- daily-fitness-motivation likes this
- deanaisfindinghergroove said: You are going to do great!!
- deanaisfindinghergroove likes this
- nutrify likes this
- crowflycrow likes this
- go-for-it-and-never-give-up likes this
- seechrisrun likes this
- eclipsenikkie likes this
- angeldrinkstea said: I. LOVE. THIS! Chelsea, I’m so so so excited for you! And you’re going to kill those 26.2 miles and all the miles that get you to the start line as well.
- angeldrinkstea likes this
- ariavie likes this
- mollyscrubs likes this
- runningonemptyy13 likes this
- katebikerun likes this
- fromlazytolively said: You’re going to dominate those miles girl!! :)
- fromlazytolively likes this
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- kiafelicialwl likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- whitneyrunson likes this
- buffbones likes this
- happyhealthycook said: Yeah you are!
- happyhealthycook likes this
- runningwithpump likes this
- alierunninginthemitten likes this
- theblondeamazon likes this
- usualchatter said: Marathons are easy. Just as with all running, there’s only one objective, and that’s to get to the finish, with only a single obstacle in your way: distance.
- ichhoffeichglaube likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- alliegets likes this
- thehomecookrunner likes this
- runningrecipesramblings said: Awesome! I totally hear you- group running is where it’s at! I love training programs :). So excited for you!
- usualchatter likes this
- sainttaco likes this
- liftheavyrunstrong likes this
- thisisthememorythisisendless likes this
- chelsearuns posted this